Sing with us
Come along to one of our sessions in the first three weeks of a season. You can chat with us about how everything works, meet other people like you who already sing with us, and give it a go yourself - all with no commitment to join. If you decide you'd like to sign up after the session, we'll have all the paperwork with us. You can fill it in then, or take it away with you to have a good read. Whatever you decide, you don't have to pay anything up-front - this taster session is completely free.
It's fine to join at any point in the first three weeks of a season. However, if you've not sung in a choir before, you'll find it a lot easier if you start in the first week or two. Our season dates, times and venues are listed below, for each of our three groups. To make sure you have the best possible experience, we don't normally accept new singers after the third week of a season except by special arrangement.
If you'd like to get an email from us with details of the next available season, as a bit of a reminder to come along, you can sign up to our Prospective New Singers list by clicking this link and following the instructions.
- Tuesday evening, 7pm until 9pm
- West Bridgford Methodist Church, Musters Road (junction with Patrick Road), West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7PQ | Map
- There are several churches on Musters Road - the Methodist Church is on the junction with Patrick Road, and the entrance is on Patrick Road. Parking is on-street, so you may need to park a short distance away. On dates when there are football matches at the Nottingham Forest ground, or cricket matches at Trent Bridge, parking becomes difficult - we recommend car-sharing or using public transport where possible, or arriving very early if not.
- Spring season starts on 2nd January 2018 and runs until 20th March
- Summer season starts on 24th April and runs until 10th July
- Wednesday evening evening, 7pm until 9pm
- Lincoln Christ's Hospital School, Wragby Rd, Lincoln LN2 4PN | Map
- There is plenty of parking in the school car park. We're normally in the Main Hall, which is accessed via Reception on the far right end of the building - not via the central part of the building with the big arches.
- Spring season starts on 3rd January 2018 and runs until 21st March
- Summer season starts on 25th April and runs until 11th July
- Thursday evening, 7pm until 9pm
- Sheffield Springs Academy, Hurlfield Road, Gleadless, Sheffield S12 2SF | Map
- Entrance is round the back of the building - use the main school gates, then follow the path round to the car park at the back, drive right up to the sports facilities, entrance is in the far corner of the car park.
- PLEASE NOTE - we often have to use an alternative venue in Sheffield - please check our blog (click here) before setting off!
- Spring season starts on 4th January and runs until 22nd March
- Summer season starts on 26th April and runs until 12th July
We occasionally have to use alternative venues if our usual venue is unavailable. We always announce these venue changes on our blog - click here to check.
There's lots of information on this site about how everything works. Check out our Beginner's Guide to BeVox to find out the basics. Have a read of our General Principles too, then if you have further questions, give us a call on 01226 712 173.
Our current prices are listed below.
All our prices include VAT, and we can produce receipts on request. For the "full season" and "pay monthly" options, there's a cheaper price on your first payment of your first season because your first session is free. We accept payment by cash or cheque (made payable to BeVox). We can't accept payment by credit or debit card, unfortunately. We can accept bank transfers - contact us for details.
If you can commit to a whole season (12 sessions), you get our most heavily discounted price. £99 pays for all 12 sessions (£90.75 if it's your first ever season with us). That's the equivalent of £8.25 per session, or just over £4 per hour.
If you find it easier to pay monthly, this costs £40 for each block of 4 sessions. We offer this for distinct blocks of 4 - Weeks 1-4, Weeks 5-8 and Weeks 9-12. If your first monthly payment includes your first-ever session with us, it will cost £30 (because your first session is free).
For maximum flexibility, you can pay for individual sessions on the door when you arrive. This allows you to only pay for the sessions you attend. The price for this is £12 per session.
£99 (or £90.75 if it's your first season)
"Introduce a friend" scheme
Existing singers can introduce a friend and get a discount on their own fees. All you need to do to qualify is get your friend to put your name on their application form, in the section headed "I heard about BeVox from...". For every paid-for session that they attend, you'll accumulate a discount, which will be sent to you as a voucher at the end of each season. This discount builds up the more people you introduce, and it applies for every paid-for session your friend attends - every season, not just their first.
You will accumulate £1 discount for each paid-for session your friend attends. At the end of each season, we'll send you a discount voucher, and you can use that to get money off the following season. Vouchers have an expiry date of a year after they are issued. The discount applies for every season that your friend attends, not just the first one. And if you introduce enough people that your discount voucher is worth more than your season fees, we'll pay you the difference!